Metalzone.gr recently conducted an interview with bassist/vocalist Peter "Peavy" Wagner of German metallers RAGE. The chat is now available for streaming using the audio player below. A text version of the interview can be found here.
RAGE's new album, "Strings To A Web", was released on February 5 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at Twilight Hall Studio and was produced by Charlie Bauerfeind (BLIND GUARDIAN, HAMMERFALL). The cover artwork was created by Thomas Ewerhard (AVANTASIA, THERION), and it shows the soundchaser as a spider, caught in a web.
"Strings To A Web" track listing:
01. The Edge Of Darkness
02. Hunter And Prey
03. Into The Light
04. The Beggar's Last Dime
05. Empty Hollow
06. Strings To A Web
07. Fatal Grace
09. Empty Hollow (Reprise)
10. Saviour Of The Dead
13. Through Ages
14. Tomorrow Never Comes
The special two-track single, "Into The Light / Purified", was released on January 15.
The limited-edition digibook version of "Strings To A Web" includes a high-quality DVD including 15 live clips. The main portion of the DVD consists of the "best-of" show RAGE played at the Wacken Open Air festival in 2009, including guest appearances by Hansi Kürsch (BLIND GUARDIAN), Schmier (DESTRUCTION) and Jen Majura (BLACK THUNDER LADIES).
The track listing for the DVD is as follows:
01. Carved In Stone
02. Higher Than The Sky
03. Set This World On Fire (featuring Hansi Kürsch)
04. All I Want (featuring Hansi Kürsch)
05. Invisible Horizons (featuring Hansi Kürsch)
06. Lord Of The Flies (featuring Jen Majura)
07. From The Cradle To The Grave (featuring Jen Majura)
08. Prayers Of Steel (featuring Schmier)
09. Suicide (featuring Schmier)
10. Down (featuring Schmier)
In addition there are four more live clips:
12. Set This World On Fire (Live at the "Masters of Rock 2009")
13. All I Want (Live at the "Masters of Rock 2009")
14. Carved In Stone (Live in Sofia 2009)
15. Never Give Up (Rage Race Special)
"Strings To A Web" includes melodic and anthemic tracks such as "Into The Light" and "The Beggar's Last Dime", as well as powerful thrashers like "Purified" and "Tomorrow Never Comes". But the heart of the record comes in the shape of the 16-minute masterpiece "Empty Hollow", a progressive fairytale that unites everything RAGE is about.
Peter "Peavy" Wagner interviewed by Metalzone.gr (click on player below to launch audio):